Convicted Felons Arrested for Elm Hill Pike Incident

Two convicted felons arrested for robbery and shooting on Elm Hill Pike.

Outstanding, coordinated police work led to the arrest of convicted felons Jessie Wooten Jr., 38, and Tracy Wooten, 55, for their involvement in Saturday’s 1:20 a.m. holdup and shooting at 2511 Elm Hill Pike.

Officers responded and located a male victim who had been shot in the arm. He reported that Jessie Wooten, an acquaintance, and Tracy Wooten were waiting for him outside his room, expressing interest in buying some tools. Once inside, Jessie Wooten allegedly pointed a gun at the victim and demanded his belongings. During the altercation, the victim attempted to grab the gun, resulting in a shot being fired and hitting him in the arm. A physical struggle ensued, and when the victim’s girlfriend attempted to intervene, Tracy Wooten, armed with a knife, allegedly held her back and physically/sexually assaulted her. Both victims sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

The Specialized Investigations Division detectives’ investigation led to the suspects’ arrest early Sunday morning at a convenience store in the 2800 block of Lebanon Pike. At the time of their arrest, Jessie Wooten was in possession of a firearm, and Tracy Wooten had a large hunting knife. During an interview, both men admitted to their involvement in the robbery.

Jessie Wooten is charged with attempted criminal homicide, aggravated robbery, felon in possession of a firearm, commission of a felony while in possession of a gun, and driving on a suspended license. His bond is set at $126,000. Tracy Wooten is charged with attempted criminal homicide, aggravated robbery, and aggravated sexual battery. He is being held in lieu of a $100,000 bond.

Related Images:

Jessie Wooten Jr., 38

Tracy Wooten, 55

Source: Read Original Release

Man Charged in Teen’s Fatal Shooting

Anthony L. Brooks, 23, has been charged with criminal homicide following the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Ebonique Farris at Cumberland View Apartments in Nashville. The incident occurred on Sunday afternoon, and Brooks admitted to shooting Farris after a verbal argument. Farris was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where she later died from her injuries. For more information, please visit the official site.